Saturday, May 03, 2008

Spirogyra Part 3

On the second row after switching to the #2 needles, at exactly the same spot as before, the yarn pulled apart again. I’ve started keeping an eye out for potential sections that might pull apart and twisting the yarn a bit to give it a bit more strength. So far I haven't had any more do this but I've probably jinxed myself by saying that ... The short mitts have 20 rows of pattern with the longer version having 50 rows, so I decided to go with 30 rows to get it a bit in between, especially since I have short arms. Next, I’ll switch back to the #3 needles for the lower hand section but need to stop for a bit as the fingertip of the finger I hold around the needle with on my left hand is numb and I need to wait until I get the feeling back in it.

Here's the mitt so far ...



And trying it on ....



Shorah Y'all!

No comments: