Friday, February 27, 2009

2009 Crochet Awards - Hook the Vote!

The Crochet Liberation Front is hosting their first ever crochet awards, the 'Flamies' and voting is now open. If you crochet (or knit) and would like to vote for your favorite crochet designer, patter, magazine, etc., then please do. The online magazine I publish, Crochet Uncut, is up for best online magazine ... too exciting!

Vote for the 2009 Crochet Awards!!!!

Read about the Awards on the CLF Blog

I also designed the award using 3D items: Victoria 4 and her Fantasy Wrap from DAZ3D.com, a crochet hook a friend modeled for me since I didn't have Cinema 4D on the computer I was working on, and a ball of yarn I made in Bryce 6. After I made the ball of yarn in Bryce 6, I launched DAZ Studio from inside Bryce, then imported the crochet hook and the ball of yarn into Studio. I posed the figure, placing the hook in her right hand and the ball of yarn in her left hand like scepters. I selected the fantasy wrap to give her a kind of "every crocheter's fantasy" look, short hair (modern woman), and bare feet (tradition). I then closed Studio and the figure was imported into Bryce automatically. I deleted the imported ball of yarn from Studio then resized the original ball of yarn to fit into her hand and placed it back into her left hand. Next, I added a stand under her using cylinders and tori, and added a sphere with a flame texture to the top of the crochet hook. Later, I made a plaque using cubes, with the corners cut out with cylinders, and screws made from a squashed sphere and two cylinders to cut out the indentations. Once the winners are selected, I'll be "engraving" the award and the winner's names on the plaques using terrains that will boolean out the text on the plaque.

I'll also be offering the winners a printed copy of their award for the cost of printing and shipping. Details to be given after the awards ceremony has been completed and I figure out the cost of printing.

Oh, I also made the Flaming Hook of Justice Award and a 3D version of the CLF Logo. I'll post screen caps of the 3D meshes of the awards and the CLF logo as soon as I can.

Go Vote!

No comments: