Thursday, September 30, 2010

Catching up

The other day I looked at my blog and was dismayed to see how long it had been since I'd updated it. I've painted several new landscapes and such, published several issues of Crochet Uncut, lost a beloved furry friend and adopted another one, made lots of row counter bracelets and stitch markers, and generally kept busy.

Not long after my last post, my little Shih Tzu, Kaylee, passed away after suffering seizures for some time. The medications weren't working any more and it finally got to be too much for her and she left us on October 19, 2009. A few weeks later, I adopted a Shih Poo from the local shelter that I named Mr. Darcy. He's twice as big as Kaylee was and now Truffles is smaller than the dog instead of bigger. Darcy keeps Truffles on his toes and still hasn't learned that hissing is not an invitation to play more.

The image below is of sweet Kaylee:

And these are of Darcy, the evening I brought him home and then five months later. He took to my sister right away.


The ladies at the shelter called him "Happy" because he was always happy to see people. His given name was "Wall-E" but that didn't sit well with me. My sister suggested "Mr. Darcy" so that one stuck.

Paintings ... now those I have quite a few of. I still have three I'm working on but hopefully will have at least two of them finished soon. The third one I just can't stand right now and it is now in the corner thinking about what it has done. So far it is unrepentant. I'm still taking classes from Jon McNaughton but trying to also find the time to paint on my own, which isn't easy to find time for.

The paintings are in no particular order, all are acrylic on masonite, 11"x14". They can be purchased at my Artfire shop (link is on the right-hand side of blog) or prints can be purchased at Zazzle. You can get an 11x14 print for about $12.

Springtime on the Farm

The Quiet Place

Old Truck with Sunflowers
(this one goes to my father)

Southern Utah

Self Portrait, 1983
(from my Senior High School Portrait)

Grandma's Garden

Cafe Lights

Girl with Flowers

Winter Wonderland

Garden of Weedin'

The Nativity

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll catch up on my crochet projects in my next post.

-dar

No comments: