Thursday, March 31, 2005

Typing out the frustration

One of the reasons I started this blog is because I'm frustrated and need an outlet. It's not that I don't have plenty to do, I do, however, I'm under doctor's orders restricting me to light activity. This means no lifting/moving/pushing boxes (which means I can't unpack them), no weaving for a bit, no hanging things on the wall, no activity that could possibly cause what's left of the blood clot to move faster than it should before it is completely dissolved. I've got projects for my class to finish weaving, I'm surrounded by boxes that I can't do anything about, and working on things on the computer can only amuse me for so long before I go bonkers. All my needlework stuff is somewhere in boxes in the garage ... also needed for class projects, so no embroidery or cross stitching either.

So, my alternatives at the moment are ... finishing some 3D modeling projects, a bit of geneology research, washing some clothes, and harassing the cat. Oh, and updating the web site I maintain for a local girl's soccer club.

My geneology pursuits are for the "Oleszkiewicz/Oleszkowicz" and "Riggs" families. I've also done a bit on "Lippincott" which is my brother-in-law's family. I've contributed a bit to "The Oleszkiewicz Project" as well.

I just returned from the university to fill out an incomplete grade contract with my instructor. Because I can't unpack anything or find my project supplies, plus being restricted as to my activities, I now have until the end of November 2005 to finish my six projects, two article summaries, and project journal.

Current class projects (may change as needed):
  1. Woven scarves out of Wool-Ease, these will be done on my floor loom and have already been started
  2. Woven pillow tops woven on my new table loom then made into pillows
  3. Weave-It Girl's Purse, needs to be lined
  4. Needlework project - Ukrainian Easter Egg design
  5. Crocheted project of some sort, choices include:
    - Evening wrap with beads crocheted in periodically
    - Baby blanket

    OR

    Woven Shawl made on a triangle loom if I can get my BIL to make the loom for me (he did such a great job on my warping board)
Anyway, my lunch hour is over and it's time to get back to work.

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: