Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A little progress

I haven't posted in a while but have been keeping busy. I finally got the thread wrapped on the warping board (the first time I've used it since I got it for Christmas) and on to the loom. Tonight, I finished threading half of the heddles with 170 ends of a green Tencel. The other half is also green but should go faster. My mistake was tying the sections of the cross with the wrong thread and causing the warp threads to pull against it so it's taking longer to do this than it should. The weft will also be Tencel in a natural color. I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I use up the roll of film. I can't find the cord to connect the digital camera to the computer so can't use it yet.

I should be able to get back to my scarf on the floor loom soon. I bought more fishing weights to put on the #2 harness since it won't drop by itself. I'd love to let my brother-in-law get his hands on it to fix it.

On the home front, my birthday was last Wednesday - the big four-oh - and sister Jenny and two of her friends came to visit me this weekend. We went to the Kemah Boardwalk Sunday evening and they treated me to lunch and dinner. Sylvia helped me bring boxes in from the garage to unpack while Jenny and Colleen took a nap (the lazy bums!).

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: