Saturday, February 02, 2008

Arm Warmers in progress

This morning I sent off the afghan to my aunt and a pair of blue wrist warmers to my mother. I also went to Michaels to pick up some yarn for a pair of arm warmers for a friend. She wanted a variegated yarn in cool colors and I found the Patons SWS yarn which is a wool/soy blend. The Natural Navy color was perfect so go several skeins of it.

I started the arm warmers with an I/9 crochet hook and am crocheting single crochets in the back loops so I get a nice ribbing. As I went along, I noticed that the yarn made nice stripes as I went. Since the wrist part will be done in the round, I'm eager to see how it looks.

I also found that I really don't care for the Boye crochet hooks. The hook end is too rounded for my taste. I usually use Susan Bates hooks but didn't have one in the correct size.

The turquoise socks are still in progress and I have about 5" left to go before I start on the toe section.

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: