Sunday, February 17, 2008

I shall overcome ... knitting

So far, knitting, other than basic knit and purl has eluded me ... and even that much makes me throw what little I've accomplished across the room.

However, I'd heard about Continental knitting and did a few searches on Google, found a few nice videos and illustrations, and I like it much better than English knitting. I never got throwing the yarn and with Continental knitting, I can hold the yarn much like I do when crocheting which comes more naturally to me (and is easier on my carpal tunnel syndrome). So far, I've just done a few rows of knit stitch, which I keep dropping stitches on and having to frog, but this just might be what I need to get my head around knitting.

Not that I'll ever give up crochet, far from it as it is my first love, but I see so many knitted items that I would love to make and always have to pass them by ...

We'll just have to see how it goes from here ....

Oh, and Ravelry is evil ... totally addicting but with wonderful people, and I'm learning tons. You can find me there as "fignations."

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: