Monday, January 04, 2016

Floop - Gemstone Tangle

So, I went to Hobby Lobby after work and picked up a white Gelly pen in order to use it to draw highlights on gemstones. I think that a pen with a larger nib is needed though.


Floop

Materials: Sakura Pigma Micron Pens, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Gelly Roll Pen on Bristol paper
Time Spent: 2 hours
Size: 5"x5.75"

As I tend to do, I also went searching for gemstone painting tutorials on DeviantArt. Some of the ones I found are for paint programs but the concepts can also be used with paints and colored pencils.

I've created several collections which I'll add to as I find new tutorials and references on DeviantArt:

Gemstone Tutorials
Gemstone References
Misc Tutorials

For a listing of specific gem tutorials for tangling, please join the Tangled Gems- Zentangle® Inspired Jewels and Stones group on Facebook.

No comments: