Saturday, January 16, 2016

More Encyclopedia Tangles and Adding Lace to Tangles

I've continued to tangle on the encyclopedia pages and have been having a blast with the Tuesday Tangles in the Facebook Zentangle: Tangled & Journaled, Too! group. For each tangle I've done, I put the name of the pattern on the page and the date from the challenge, even if I didn't do the tangle on that day.

 

 

 

 

Last night, I started a new drawing with a large gemstone in the center. I found a photo online of a crystal that had yellow at the base, then blue, then green and used that as the basis for my gemstone. Under the gemstone, I put some knife inspired shapes that fanned out and decided to soften it with some Bruges Lace at the top.

To add your own lace to your tangles, do an image search on lace and look for designs that catch your eye. Pick out parts of the lace that catch your attention and add them to your drawing. I always sketch them in first with a pencil before inking over them.

Before Shading

Oceans Depth

Materials: Sakura Pigma Micron Pens, Prismacolor Colored Pencils on Bristol Paper
Time Spent: 4 hours
Size: 5.75"x9"

That's it for now. Off to find some more lace photos!

No comments: