Friday, August 12, 2011

And another dress finished

After cutting out the last dress pattern, with Truffles' help, I sewed the bodice and skirt up and attached the skirt to the bodice then had to go to bed as I needed to get to work early the next day. I needed to leave early for a dentist appointment so didn't want to miss too much work as a result.

After the dentist appointment, where I had two teeth extracted, I tried to sew a bit but the pain meds made me dizzy so I took a short nap. After getting up, I finished the dress by sewing the bodice and bodice lining together, top stitching the bodices, and adding the double ruffle.

And here it is, the dress for my little cousin Kasia:

Pattern used: McCall's M5835

I accidentally bought two copies of this pattern (sizes 1, 2, 3, 4), so if anyone (U.S. only) would like it, let me know. Listed price is $11.95 but I got it on sale for $2.99, so I'm willing to let it go for $4.00 (the extra is for shipping).

The patterns I'd ordered for Marcie came in this morning so this weekend will be spent cutting out the pieces and starting to sew them together. Not sure yet if I'll cut out all of them first then sewing them all at once, or cut them out one at a time and sewing together before moving on to the next one. I don't want to make a decision right now until the pain meds wear off a bit though ... :P

No comments: