Wednesday, August 10, 2011

If you can't sleep ... sew

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately so I've been spending my time sewing and finally got several dresses finished, buttonholes and buttons added, etc.

First up are the outfits I started last year for a cousin, Isabella. I finally got the buttonholes done and buttons added. My new sewing machine actually makes buttonholes that don't chew up the fabric!

This is the little dress with bloomers:

And the romper which can be worn alone or under the matching dress above:

Next are the dresses for Anya and Gabriella, although I'm only showing one of them. Since they are the same size, I put zippers in that are their favorite colors so they can tell them apart.

Finally is this adorable outfit that should fit either Isabella or Kasia. I originally bought the fabric as fat squares to make project bags for but decided to see if I could get a dress out of them. I tried to get more of the rose and green fabric but the store only had one rose one left and no green so I got the pink instead. Since the fat squares aren't that big, I added a 1/4" seam allowance on the front skirt where the fold should have been and just seamed it up. The hat is reversible and I made the inside all green. There are buttonholes on the sides so that the straps can be pushed through to use when the hat is reversed.

Patterns Used:
One thing I found on the Kwik Sew outfit, the bodice back indicates that you should cut out 2 of the fabric and interfacing. It should have you cut out 2 of the fabric, contrast, and interfacing.

I've got some more fabric that's just waiting to be cut out ...

No comments: