Monday, January 14, 2008

Using up my stash

Finally found the Hobby Lobby south of Salt Lake City and found a knitting machine from Innovations that you crank the handle on. Had a 40% off coupon so decided to try it out. Still not sure if it's worth the effort though. I also found some Chunky Wool-Ease for $2.99 because they were messed up looking. Only two skeins were available for that price and I decided to make a shawl using a prayer shawl pattern I found at the prayer shawl site. Using a large crochet hook and each skein makes 12" of shawl so I still need 3 or 4 more skeins. When I ran out of the Wool-Ease, I pulled out some Lion Brand Homespun that I'd had for several years and started another shawl with it using the same size hook. The yarn is a bit more difficult to work with but so soft! I didn't finish the turquoise socks this weekend as I decided to start a shorter pair to see why the ankle section was a bit snug. I'll post photos of these new projects as soon as I can.

I have tons of yarn in boxes just waiting to be used so I'm determined to not buy more yarn (unless it's needed to finish a project) until I've used up some of what I have already. I have oodles of the Red Heart Classic Yellow and Star Brights Print yarn so have plenty to make blankies and sweaters for local charities.

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: